Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Type Considerations

I'm currently struggling with what to do with my type. This happens in practically every brief I tackle when using both illustration and type. I feel that the illustration I have produced is working and relevant, just needs more work. I like the type face I have chosen for the centered Paul Smith logo (Univers LT Std, Black 75) but I'm stuck with how to make it stand out well against the illustration. Here I have tried to make some clipping masks using some stock photos I sourced from the internet of tweed material. I chose tweed to try and stick to the stereotypical country theme I want to put across with this season of clothing. I feel had the tweed type been on it's own with out the fussy illustrative background this would have worked really well, but against the flat coloured block vectors they just fight against one another.
These are some of my experiments...

Clipping Masks:


Block Colour:


No comments:

Post a Comment