Friday, May 7, 2010

Vector Development

I have tried to take a slightly different approach to my illustration with this brief. I want to do something with more depth and play with the shading and weight of line. I'm not sure my usual 'liney style' would have been strong enough. So here you can see I've decided to try out my work in tones of grey and add areas of shading. It's a new and long process for me to develop each one, so I've stuck to a maximum of ten to make up the design. Once they are finished I'll try them with block colour leaves and snowflakes behind or against them to keep them linked to the Autmn and Winter season. 
1.
2.
3.
4.
5. 
It was quite a tricky process getting them to look how I wanted them. I had to make areas of my illustrations transparent so i could send the shaded areas to back so that the initial lines would show over the top and keep the cleanness. I applied this process to all ten illustrations before I began to start placing them together with the type to make up my window design. 
1.
2.
3.

No comments:

Post a Comment